Herb is a strong advocate for our children and their education because he knows what our children need.
He is a former PTA President at West Annapolis Elementary Schools, math tutor in the Gems and Jewels after-school program at Bates Middle School, and guest teacher at local elementary, middle and high school classes on state government. Because Herb McMillan cares about our kids, he wants:
- Small classes
- Real classrooms not temporary trailers
- Qualified and quality teachers
- More schools
And his voting record on education tells you why we need Herb back in Annapolis.
- Helped secure over $5 million dollars in government funding for local schools
- Voted to spend money on school construction instead of $33 million on a new House of Delegates office building · Sponsored legislation to cap college tuition hikes
- Opposed giving illegal immigrants subsidized in-state college tuition · Secured millions of dollars in government funding for local schools
- Supported the Teacher Quality Act to recruit and retain excellent teachers
- Voted against hiring sexual offenders for jobs in our schools
- Worked to hold school systems accountable for our children's academic performance.
- Helped institute and expand teacher merit pay